Income Tax Services

Lebanon’s Premier Income Tax Professionals

Growing from humble beginnings in a Mt Zion residence 50 years ago, to two offices serving Central PA & beyond, Sonrise boasts 6 Enrolled Agents that are Licensed to Represent Taxpayers before the IRS. With countless hours of education and well over 125 years of preparation experience, our preparers stand ready to serve your income tax needs year-round. Home to the Industry Leading “Sleep-Tite Extended Warranty”, we go above and beyond to guarantee your confidence in our work.

Income Tax Service Offerings

We prepare Individual 1040’s, Rentals, Sole Member & Sole Proprietor Business & Farm Tax Filings. Clergy Taxation is a specialty of our founder, Ken, who is nationally recognized as an expert in the field. Voted One of the Best of the Best of Lebanon Valley the last 3 years-why agonize over doing your own taxes or worry about IRS letters, let Sonrise take the stress out of your taxes!

Sonrise limits its tax preparation services to individuals, sole proprietor businesses, and non-profit organizations.  Sonrise is committed to utilizing technology in various ways to enhance our ability to serve our clients’ needs; therefore, all eligible tax returns are filed electronically at no added cost to the taxpayer. Preparation fees are based on the complexity of the return.  This includes federal, state, and local tax preparation with electronic filing for federal and state at no additional charge. Sonrise has succeeded in combining the efficiencies associated with a larger clientele and the friendliness and warmth of a family business.  Every effort is made to keep each client paired with the same tax preparer year after year to promote the strengthening of the person-to-person bond.  We remember YOU – not your social security number!

Put Our Tax Preparation Experience to the Test

Sonrise has a wealth of experience in providing tax preparation services for individuals who operate home businesses (including day-care operations), rental property owners, truck drivers, tradesmen, and farmers. Sonrise can assist in income tax filing for residents, part-year residents and non-residents of all 50 states.

Our professional staff at Sonrise spends untold hours each year maintaining and expanding our knowledge and skills in tax preparation and tax planning. In-house training is supplemented by seminars conducted by various trade associations and government agencies. In addition to a written Guarantee, the ultimate assurance we give you is that EVERY tax return is reviewed before the Gold Approval Seal is applied and the return is allowed to be given to the client. 

Our Motto: Person-To-Person Service Makes the Difference!

What do I need for my taxes?

One of the best ways to prepare and organize your “stuff” is to pull out last years tax return packet to refresh and review everything from last year. Next, gather all the documents you receive, including anything labeled “Important Tax Information”, and review them for accuracy before bringing them to Sonrise. Then, visit our website and review our “Meeting With Us” and “Resources” pages for the most up to date information. Lastly, print and complete our Tax Organizer to make sure you don’t miss anything! The best way to get a complete and accurate tax return filed by Sonrise in an efficient and timely manner is to provide your completed Tax Organizer and all your gathered documents, forms and materials in one visit!

IRS is still very backlogged and not back to “normal” so… “IRS encourages everyone to have all necessary information in hand to make sure they file a complete and accurate return. Having an accurate tax return can avoid processing delays, refund delays and later IRS notices”. As a reminder “By law, IRS can’t issue Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or Advanced Child Tax Credit (ACTC) refunds before mid-February. This includes your entire refund, not just the part that’s related to the credit you claimed on your tax return. Additionally, IRS cautions taxpayers NOT to count on getting their refund by a certain date to make major purchases or pay bills. Even though the IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days, it’s possible your tax return may require additional review and take longer.”

What forms or things should I bring to my tax appointment?

  • Completed Tax Organizer from our website.
  • All new clients must provide a copy of last years tax return!!! If you’re a new client, we will need to copy social security cards for everyone listed on the tax return and drivers license/ID for all adults.
  • If you have an Identity Protection (IP) PIN – Please provide the CP01A Notice IRS sent you in the mail.
  • If you have ANY digital currency, assets, or EFT’s – bring paperwork detailing any purchases or sales!
  • If you have Health Insurance through PENNIE – You must provide us with your 1095-A to complete your taxes!
  • If you have a Health Savings Account (HSA), be sure to print out any 1099-SA or 5498-SA forms from your portal/acct.
  • If you donated any portion of your IRA RMD (Required Minimum Distribution) directly to charity, please make us aware!
  • If you or a dependent student has college tuition – you must provide Form 1098-T or a payment transcript (check online!).
  • If you have student loan interest – please provide the amount any any Form 1098-E’s (print them from your online account!).
  • ⭐We always advise clients to directly deposit any tax refunds into their bank account and NOW we strongly encourage ALL clients to have any tax owed directly debited from their bank accounts due to USPS delays and concerns!
  • Wage Documents: W-2 and 1099-MISC/1099-NEC forms
  • Investment Income: 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, and 1099-B forms
    • * Purchase date and price for stocks bought and sold
  • Unemployment Statement: UC-1099G and PUA-1099G
  • Retirement, Pension, and Annuity Income: 1099-R forms
  • Social Security Statement: 1099-SSA
  • Gambling/Lottery/Prize Winnings & Losses: W-2G
  • Foreclosures/Cancellation of Debt: 1099-A and/or 1099-C
  • Estate or Partnership Income: Schedule K-1
  • Business, Farm, and Rental Income Docs – see below
  • 1099-K for Internet or Credit Card Sales
  • Other Misc. Info (Jury Duty, Hobby, etc): 1099-MISC/1099-NEC
  • Blank/Voided Check (for Direct Deposit/Debit information)
  • Health Insurance Doc’s Including 1095-A, B, C
  • HSA Policy (If you have one) 1099-SA / 5498-SA
  • College tuition payment record and any 1098-T forms
  • Student Loan Interest and any 1098-E forms
  • Educational or work-related expenses (See Organizer)
  • Child care expense-Name, Address and ID# of provider
  • Alimony Income/Paid Record (Need date of divorce)
  • Settlement Sheets – Purchase or refi of ANY propert
  • Mortgage/Home Eq/LOC Interest (Form 1098)
  • Real Estate Taxes (MUST be stamped paid for rebate)
  • Charitable Contribution Summary/Receipts
  • Your Estimated Payment Records/Envelope for 2022
  • Estimated Tax Vouchers – State and Local
  • Any new dependents? Please provide social security card and birth certificate!
  • MILITARY PERSONNEL: Military orders are needed for all active duty!

Business Information Needed: (If you operate your own business)

  • Total income received for sales and/or services
  • Expenses subtotaled by category
  • Health Insurance Premiums for Private/Self-Employed Plans (1095-A if on”Obamacare”)
  • List overall mileage and business mileage for any vehicles used for business (2023 mileage rate will be 65.5 cents/mile)
  • 2022 Mileage Rate was split – 58.5 cents per mile (Jan-June) and 62.5 cents per mile (July-Dec)
  • ** For large items (depreciable) we need cost, purchase date and description **

Notes for Independent Agents/Distributors of Larger Companies:

(ex: Mary Kay, Tastefully Simple, Jamberry, Pampered Chef, Avon, Thirty-One, Origami Owl, Paparazzi etc…)

Your company’s record keeping is usually complex and not designed for tax purposes – their definition of profit is different than the IRS’s.

We recommend you give us the total of all money YOU received through your business (commissions and customer payments) and the expenses that you actually paid by cash, check, or credit card. Keep it simple!)

Landlords, Farmers, Business Owners, and Day Care Providers

Please checkout the plethora of information on our website under the resources tab.

It may help you find those few extra deductions and answer some of those nagging questions.


NAEA (National Association of Enrolled Agents) logo
Accreditation Council for Accountancy and Taxation logo
IRS Enrolled Agent logo
Pennsylvania Society of Tax & Accounting Professionals logo